SAICSIT 2020 offers postgraduate students at Master’s and doctoral levels the opportunity to engage with their peers and established researchers on the first day preceding the SAICSIT conference. Successful students will be required to present their research during the dedicated sessions. The aim of the symposium is to provide an excellent opportunity to:
1. Practice giving conference papers and poster presentations in a friendly environment;
2. Present research to peers and experienced supervisors in a collegial and helpful environment;
3. Meet other postgraduate researchers (virtually) working on similar areas of research but based in different research centres and universities;
4. Receive constructive feedback from the panelists and the audience;
5. Get a sense of the wide range of postgraduate research currently being undertaken across the CS, IS and IT fields.
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
In light of COVID-19, the symposium will be presented as a virtual event.
The SAICSIT 2020 Organising Committee invites candidates to apply for participation in the symposium. The symposium consists of 10-15 minute presentations, poster sessions and interactions with guest lecturers, recognised as experts in their fields. Candidate participants are recommended to prepare particular points they seek feedback on. Those wishing to use alternative approaches to present their research are asked to include an additional 100 words detailing your intended presentation methods. There will be two streams for presentations, these are:
1. Computer Science research-in-progress
2. Information Systems/Information Technology research-in-progress
Candidates are required to submit an abstract (500 words) in conference style format before 29 June 2020 on the submissions portal (Easychair). The template and guidelines for papers are located on the website of the ACM at:
https://www.acm.org/publications/taps/word-template-workflow the standard paper template can be used.
Please submit via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=saicsit2020
The number of participants will be limited. In addition, successful presenters are expected to participate in the symposium actively, as we envision participants gaining as much by interacting with their peers as by having their presentations critiqued by the panel. The deadline for acceptance notification is 3 August 2020.
The symposium is free and open to all postgraduate students currently enrolled in a postgraduate programme. However, should a participant be interested in the main conference, a registration fee will be charged.
For more information, contact Mourine Achieng at email@example.com.